Human Resources Office
The Human Resources Office provides human resources and recruitment services to the U.S. Interests Section (USINT) in Havana. We cannot help you seek employment in other organizations in Havana, the United States or other countries. We encourage you to submit your application form DS-174 every time you want to apply for a vacancy. Please send your application form DS-174 ONLY if you are applying for any of the positions currently advertised (see "Job opportunities" link above).
We advertise positions for ten working days and suggest visiting this page periodically for an updated list of vacancies.
Applicants must either be a Cuban citizen, U.S. Citizen Family Member (USEFM), Eligible Family Member (EFM), Third Country National (TCN) or have the required work and/or residency permit allowing the individual to work in Cuba. Applicants will be asked to provide documentation to support their legal right to work in Cuba.
Please note that if you are selected for a position within USINT you will be required to go through a security investigation prior to your appointment. All Cuban citizen applicants must also be approved by the Cuban employment agency, PALCO, before they can begin working at USINT.
How to apply
- Click on the vacancy title link to access the vacancy announcement. Please read the announcement carefully before sending your application form DS-174.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their form DD-214 with their application.
- Provide any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Submit your application form DS-174 to HavanaHR@state.gov no later than the closing date stated on the announcement. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- You can also drop off your application form DS-174 at USINT (Calle Calzada between L and M, Vedado) or send it via fax (53)(7) 839-2214. Always specify the vacancy title and number and, if possible, please include an e-mail address in your application where you can be contacted.
USINT cannot acknowledge receipt of all applications. To inquire about the status of your application or any vacancy for which you have applied, please contact us at HavanaHR@state.gov.